Labels

Sunday 1 December 2013

Yarl restaurant's Boss Shoud Be Fined for Noise Pollution


Yesterday, yarl restaurant turned on its noisy and deafening kitchen hood at 6.43 a.m. in the morning and the kitchen hood continued to make loud and deafening noise non-stop until 11.20 p.m. last night. That was when I could go to sleep. Actually I did not want to sleep at 11.20 p.m. I would prefer to watch a movie at that time but did I have a choice? If I did not sleep at 11.20 p.m. last night, I would die from lack of sleep. On this Sunday morning, at 6.38 a.m., yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood was turned on again much to the dismay of everyone in the neighbourhood.  If I were to watch TV until 1.00 a.m., this would mean that at 6.38a.m., when yarl restaurant turned on it noisy kitchen hood, I would have to get up. On a Sunday morning, when everyone wants to get out of bed a little bit later than usual, yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise is indeed a nuisance in the neighbourhood. Thus my life is comparable to that of a prisoner i.e. I can't decide when to sleep and when to wake up. What can you expect from someone who is sleepy, tired, frustrated, and angry after being wakened up by yarl restaurant's noisy kitchen hood at 6.38 a.m. on a Sunday morning? What can you expect from someone who always does not get enough sleep because of yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise? What can you expect from someone whose health is deteriorating because of insufficient sleep due to the kitchen hood noise? I need 8 hours of sleep for optimum performance at work but as a citizen of Malaysia, the right of having 8 hours of sleep each day is but just an illusion. It is just not possible for me to sleep 8 hours a day despite all my struggles to fight for this right.

Why am I writing so much? Do you think I have lot of time? I am a very busy person and in actual fact, I can't afford to spare my precious time in writing about noise pollution. But why am I writing so much again and again on yarl restaurant's noise pollution program? This because I am a noise pollution victim who is suffering from lack of sleep and freedom everyday. My job is a very demanding one and I have to face lots of challenges at work. There is a lot of pressure and stress at work and how could I endure all these in a sleepy and tired state when I am feeling dizzy with my head swinging in the air due to insufficient sleep? I am also suffering from occasional headaches due to lack of sleep. Whenever I am having a headache, I can't even rest in my own room because the kitchenhood noise would make me feel worse. By lack of freedom, I mean that I can't go out after work, can't watch TV or football matches late into the night because yarl restaurant turns on its noisy kitchen hood very early in the mornings. This is worse than being punished in hell. What else can I do when the Malaysian government is encouraging noise pollution through inaction? The only thing I can do is to write about my plight and sufferings so that the whole world would know what kind of human rights we have as citizens of Malaysia in the hope that the human rights activists elsewhere in this world would help me. If Malaysia cannot settle its own problems (and such a minor one too), then let's hope that other countries could help. This is the only thing I could do as a citizen of Malaysia who does not even have the most basic right i.e. to sleep 8 hours a day. Even as I am typing out this article now, the noise from yarl restaurant's kitchen hood is causing tremors in my brain because the kitchen hood noise is far too loud and unbearable.

In actual fact, Yarl restaurant's boss should be fined for noise pollution. Despite repeated complaints and warnings, he just turned a deaf ear to them and still doesn't care about the grave consequences of his kitchen hood noise and the sufferings of the people in the neighbourhood. He couldn't be bothered what his kitchen hood noise is doing to our health. All he cares is the profit that he makes in his business. Since he is making a great profit out of his business, the City Council (DBKL) should fine him each time he violates the environmental laws. For the DBKL, this is also one way to make money. Why tax innocent people by increasing the cukai taksiran for nothing? Imposing a fine on irresponsible and selfish restaurant owners who keep violating the environmental laws is certainly more meaningful than squeezing money out of the poor and innocent people. After all, yarl restaurant's boss is doing a lucrative business at the expense of others. There is always so much to cook that yarl restaurant has to turn on the kitchen hood all the time from early morning until long past bedtime hours. Take for instance, yesterday, yarl restaurant turned on its kitchen hood at 6.43 a.m. and cooked until 11.20 p.m. nonstop. Just imagine how much food you can cook and how much profit you can make in 16 hours 37 minutes if you cook nonstop. This is also something that the Inland Revenue Department should look into. Is Yarl restaurant's boss honest in paying his taxes?

So how much should the fine be? Let's read this article and decide.

Couple Sentence To A Fine After A Wild Lovemaking - Australia.
An Australian couple was sentenced to a fine after their wild lovemaking has been seen as disturbing their neighbors.
Jessica Angel and Colin Mackenzie are being fined $4,000 for breaking the 1993Law of Environmental Protection, according to local newspaper reports.

Under the law in South Australia, the noise is classified as a form of pollution and that includes vibration.
Police have visited the apartment of the couple twenty times in the past. MacKenzie, 45, accused his girlfriend for making the noise.

“Our average sex goes anywhere from four, six, seven hours, basically five nights a week,” he said.
“That’s more or less why I’m asleep at six o’clock. I’m probably going to die of a heart attack. It almost killed me as it is.”
An emergency environment protection order was served on the pair, ordering them to cease all noise in 72 hours.

But the couple was reported to have ignored that order and the police were called again on Tuesday morning when they were arrested and charged.
The couple is reportedly the first in South Australia to be accused of violating environmental laws.


Read more:
http://www.nigerianelitesforum.com/ng/life-styles-and-living/29388-couple-sentence-to-a-fine-after-a-wild-lovemaking-australia.html#ixzz2mAqgYMnA

If the couple are being fined $4000 for noise pollution through their wild love making five times a week from 4 - 7 hours, then yarl restaurant's boss should be fined twice that amount i.e $8000x2.94=RM23520. This is because the noise of wild lovemaking can never be as loud and deafening as yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise. Furthermore, the love making does not go on for more than 17 hours a day. If wild lovemaking can disturb the neighbours, then yarl restaurant's kitchen hood is certainly much more disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment