Labels

Sunday 29 December 2013

Selfish and irresponsible restaurant owner creates hell for us everyday

Today is Sunday and everyone would prefer to get up a little bit later than usual. When they are working on weekdays, they have no choice but to get up early but on a Sunday morning everyone has got the right to sleep until 8 a.m. or even 9 a.m.. But yarl restaurant's boss says that his noise pollution victims do not have such a right. Actions speak louder than words. When he turned on his loud and deafening kitchen hood at 6.20 a.m. this morning, he was actually telling us that it was time for us to get up and leave our bedrooms because he wanted to do business. Thus one can see here that he is the one who decides when we sleep and when we get up. Although I am still sick now and would love to sleep until 8 a.m., I have no choice but to get up and write this article because I can't sleep with yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise that is causing strong vibrations in my bedroom. Each time yarl restaurant's boss wakes us up from our deep sleep with his loud and deafening kitchen hood noise, it is as though he is saying:

"Hey, you fools, GET UP, GET UP, GET UP. I want to make big bucks today. I want to turn on my loud and deafening kitchen hood now because it cannot function properly without making loud and deafening noise so please leave your bedrooms immediately. I will only lower the volume of my kitchen hood whenever anyone comes to check on my restaurant. When no one is there to check on me, I will turn on my kitchen hood to its maximum capacity. I don't care how my kitchen hood noise is affecting you. I only want to do business and make lots of money. If you can't stand my kitchen hood noise, you can shift elsewhere. If you want to stay here, you must bear all the sufferings that my noise pollution program is causing you with fortitude. In this lawless cowboy town, I am the law and I can do what I want. Even the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) people can't do anything to me. If these DBKL fellows ever come to check on my restaurant, I'll just show them the speaker and tell them that the speaker is the kitchen hood and they will believe me. No one can do anything to me. I am in control here because I own a restaurant.

So what do we do after being wakened up by yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise early every morning? Leave our bedrooms immediately or if we want to stay in our bedrooms, we have to turn on some kind of music, songs or nature sounds the whole day to cover up yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise. Most of the time, my children would prefer to go somewhere else with their friends because they cannot study in their bedrooms and find it boring to stay in the living room with their grandmother watching TV. So, it seems that with the new education blueprint, Malaysia is churning out a new generation of students who cannot study at home and who spend their time hanging around with friends because noise pollution is good for us!

I have always thought that Malaysia is an advanced nation but when it comes to human rights, Malaysia is still very far behind. In civilized countries such as Australia, restaurant owners can only make noise (less than 60 dBA or even 55 dBA in some places) from 8.00 a.m. onwards on Sundays because it is understood that people do not get up so early on Sunday mornings. How much is 60 dBA? The noise of an ordinary spoken conversation. What about yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood that sounds more like a diesel truck outside our windows all the time? But then what can we expect from the authorities when radiation can be good for us? It seems that India is a much more civilized country than Malaysia when it comes to human rights as the article below clearly indicates!

Indian hotel managers face jail time for Katy Perry noise pollution



Indian officials are investigating complaints of noise pollution from the Aman-i-Khas hotel where Russel Brand and Katie Perry recently tied the knot. During their wedding reception, party noise exceeded the 45 decibel limit, and that means someone is in trouble.

An official for the Sawaimadhopur district already said that the newly weds will not be charged, but that hotel management is not going to get off that easy.

To clarify, Wikipedia lists 45 decibels around the noise level of a conversation when two people are about 1 meter apart. The punishment for "talking softly" could mean several days in jail for the hotel managers who were on duty.

After the Indian wedding and reception, the couple flew to the Maldives - I just hope they have someone to help translate whatever the locals tell them.

[Photo credit: bauergriffinonline.com]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment