Labels

Thursday 12 December 2013

There can never be peace with yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise

At 6.35a.m. this morning, yarl restaurant's kichen hood is already making loud and deafening noise disturbing the entire neighbourhood. Whenever yarl restaurant turns on its kitchen hood, no matter how early it maybe, it is time for everyone to leave their bedrooms irrespective of what they may be doing at that time. Can you call this peace? Is this the kind of peace that Malaysia is promoting through the Global Peace Convention held in Kuala Lumpur last week? Is this the kind of peace that the Global Peace Foundation is trying to bring to the world?

Why am I writing this article? I worked until 10 p.m. last night and slept at 12 midnight. When I was still in my deep sleep, at 6.35 a.m., I was suddenly awakened by yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise. I have to endure another tired and sleepy day at work without 8 hours of sleep. Sleep deprivation is killing me. Because of lack of sleep, I can't focus on my work. I can't think properly and become very forgetful too. Once, I even forgot to take back my credit card - luckily the sales girl returned it to me. Sleep deprivation is supposed to be a form of torture for criminals and war prisoners. But in Malaysia, it is intended for the innocent victims of yarl restaurant. I am wondering if the 5th Annual Global Peace Convention that was held in Kuala Lumpur last week intended to promote kitchen hood noise and sleep deprivation? Why do innocent people like me have to suffer from sleep deprivation and excessive noise? Apart from yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchenhood noise breaking the peace and silence of the neighbourhood now, my flat is also vibrating because of the kitchen hood noise.

In actual fact, yarl restaurant's boss can turn the volume of the kitchen hood lower, but he simply refuses to so? He would only lower the volume for a little while whenever there are complaints and turn on the kitchen hood at its maximum capacity again when the complaints are over. Is it because his kitchen hood is so defective that it cannot work properly without making a lot of noise? Can there be peace with this kind of selfish people around?

I didn't go to work today. Sleep deprivation made me feel dizzy with a headache. My head seemed to be swinging and I had to take MC today. Is yarl restaurant's boss going to pay me for my MC? MCs are not cheap nowadays! Feeling much better after sleeping on the sofa. Can't even sleep in my bedroom with yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise permeating every nook and corner of my bedroom. Is this what is meant by world peace? (This paragraph is added at 6.15 p.m. today)

Malaysia hosts 5th Annual Global Peace Convention


KUALA LUMPUR: The Global Peace Foundation's 5th Annual Global Peace Convention (GPC) was launched at Shangri-La Hotel here today, marking the first time this annual event is hosted in Malaysia.
The convention, themed "Unity in Diversity - Building Social Cohesion for Sustainable Peace through Universal Aspirations,  Principles and Values" saw Tan Sri Datuk Joseph Kurup, Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Malaysia welcoming delegates in his speech on peace and unity. 
 
Joseph touched on Malaysia being a multicultural and multi-religious state that promotes equality, stability of economy and government and plans to develop Sabah and Sarawak further to ensure a better quality of life through the Economic Transformation launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in 2010. 
 
Moderator James P. Flynn who is the International President of Global Peace Movement Foundation USA asked for a moment of silence for the passing of Nelson Mandela.
 
"Let's take a  moment of silence for the honorary Nelson Mandela, a champion of the people of his nation and the world," he said. 
 
Other distinguished delegates present was former minister of National Unity and Social Development and member of parliament Tan Sri Datin Zaleha Ismail, former President of Guatemala Marco Vinizo Cerezo, Amina Namadi Sambo who is the wife of Nigeria's Vice President and founder and chairwoman of I Care-Women and Youth Initiative.


Read more: Malaysia hosts 5th Annual Global Peace Convention - Latest - New Strai http://www.nst.com.my/latest/malaysia-hosts-5th-annual-global-peace-convention-1.423600#ixzz2nD95RPR0

No comments:

Post a Comment