Labels

Sunday 12 January 2014

PLEASE HELP US TO STOP YARL RESTAURANT'S NOISE POLLUTION PROGRAM


Yesterday was Saturday but I dared not go out late. I quickly did some shopping, grabbing whatever I could and  tried to be home as early as I could so that I could sleep early and get up early the next morning when yarl restaurant's boss turns on his noisy kitchen hood. Who knows when he would turn it on? He may turn it on as early as 5.30 a.m. But at 10.10 p.m. last night, when I was ready to sleep, yarl restaurant was still making a lot of noise with its noisy kitchen hood. So I turned on some music to cover up yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise and did some paper work. At 10.55 p.m., the kitchen hood was turned off so I immediately switched off my computer and went to sleep. But ten minutes later, at 11.05 p.m., yarl restaurant's boss turned on his noisy kitchen hood again. I forced myself to sleep but I just couldn't sleep with the noisy kitchen hood causing vibrations in my brain and heart. I could feel these strong vibrations even after I have covered my ears with 2 big pillows. So I got up and wrote Why is yarl restaurant a terrible nuisance in the neighbourhood. It was already 11.50 p.m. when yarl restaurant's boss turned off his noisy kitchen hood. But this morning, at 6.25 a.m., yarl restaurant's selfish and irresponsible boss turned on his loud and deafening kitchen hood again to chase us out of our bedrooms. We can't even afford to sleep a little bit longer on a Sunday morning. How many hours did we manage to sleep? 6 hours and 35 minutes. If the kitchen hood makes loud and deafening noise after between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., we can get out of our bedrooms and go elsewhere or turn on some kind of music/song to cover up the kitchenhood noise. But where are we to go during bedtime when yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood chases us out of bedrooms? Since I cannot sleep in my bedroom anymore, I have to sleep everywhere such as in the bus, monorail, LRT, taxi, train and even in my office during lunch time to make up for the 8 hours sleep which yarl restaurant's boss doesn't allow me to have. This is the fate of yarl restaurant's noise pollution victims. We cannot sleep early because of yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise and we have to get up early once the kitchen hood is turned on very early in the morning. This kind of life is really very stressful as we have to live according to the whims and fancies of yarl restaurant's boss. We have to endure sleep deprivation and noise pollution because yarl restaurant's boss wants to do business and to do his business he has to torture us with noise and chase us out of our bedrooms but we cannot say anything or do anything about it. How long are we to suffer like this? Can the public please help us to stop yarl restaurant's noise pollution program so that we don't have to suffer like this anymore? Please help us. We are dying from noise pollution because yarl restaurant's boss does not allow us to sleep. If there is nothing to cook, then the kitchen hood doesn't have to make noise until midnight and so early in the morning! Each time we talk about yarl restaurant we can't only think of hell. Since the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) cannot do anything about this, (we all know why they can't take action - it is because the kitchenhood has turned into the speaker when the DBKL people came to check on the restaurant) only the public can help us to stop yarl restaurant's noise pollution program. The selfishness and irresponsibility of yarl restaurant's boss is clearly manifested in the way he treats the people in this neighbourhood - i.e. by torturing them with continuous, loud and deafening noise more than 17 hours a day (or to be exact 17 hours and 25 minutes today) and subjecting them to sleep deprivation everyday. We shouldn't encourage selfishness and irresponsibility in our society. We shouldn't allow anyone to triumph in their evil deeds!

Actions speak louder than words. Early every morning, when yarl restaurant's boss turns on his loud and deafening kitchen hood to chase everyone out of their bedrooms, it is as though he is giving us this message:

Hey, you fools, GET UP, GET UP, GET UP. I want to make big bucks today. I want to turn on my loud and deafening kitchen hood now because it cannot function properly without making loud and deafening noise so please leave your bedrooms immediately. I will only lower the volume of my kitchen hood whenever anyone comes to check on my restaurant. When no one is there to check on me, I will turn on my kitchen hood to its maximum capacity. I don't care how my kitchen hood noise is affecting you. I only want to do business and make lots of money. If you can't stand my kitchen hood noise, you can shift elsewhere. If you want to stay here, you must bear all the sufferings that my noise pollution program is causing you with fortitude. In this lawless cowboy town, I am the law and I can do what I want. Even the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) people can't do anything to me. That is why I am so daring. If these DBKL fellows ever come to check on my restaurant, I'll just show them the speaker and tell them that the speaker is the kitchen hood and they will believe me. No one can do anything to me. I am in control here because I own a restaurant. My skin is very thick and I don't know how to feel ashamed of myself. I know very well that my kitchen hood is making a lot of noise but I don't care. I am also a liar. Sometime in August 2013, I lied to Fong Kui Lun's (MP of this area) assistant that I would reduce the noise in the neighbourhood without any intention to do so. Since he came to see me to ask me to reduce the noise after complaints from the neighbours, I might as well lie to him because I know that he cannot do anything to me. I am not going to spend a single sen to solve the noise problem. Let the neighbours suffer as long as I can make money. It is really amusing to make everyone in the neighbourhood suffer for the sake of my business. The entire neighbourhood is very quiet at this hour of the day, so quiet that you can even hear a pin drop, and the only noise you can hear is my kitchen hood noise. Each morning, when I turn on my noisy kitchen hood, everyone has to flee from their bedrooms. At night, long after bedtime hour, I can still make loud and deafening noise so that my victims cannot sleep. How funny! Sleep deprivation is a beautiful thing! See how my victims suffer? This clearly shows how grand I am! The Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has given me the authority to do so through their inaction. These DBKL fellows dare not do anything to me. I can make others suffer under my noise pollution program and they cannot do anything to me. No one can do anything to me. Can we torture others for the sake of our business? Well, Malaysia Boleh and that is why I am doing it! MONEY FOR ME, NOISE FOR YOU-this is the motto of my life. Ha! Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment