Labels

Saturday 11 January 2014

WHY IS YARL RESTAURANT SUCH A TERRIBLE NUISANCE IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD?


Today is Saturday but I dared not go out late. I quickly did some shopping, grabbing whatever I could and  tried to be home as early as I could so that I could sleep early and get up early next morning when yarl restaurant's boss turns on his noisy kitchen hood. Who knows when he would turn it on? He may turn it on as early as 5.30 a.m. But at 10.10 p.m., when I was ready to sleep, yarl restaurant was still making a lot of noise with its noisy kitchen hood. So I turned on some music to cover up yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise and did some paper work. At 10.55 p.m., the kitchen hood was turned off so I immediately switched off my computer and went to sleep. But ten minutes later, at 11.05 p.m., yarl restaurant's boss turned on his noisy kitchen hood again. I forced myself to sleep but I just couldn't sleep with the noisy kitchen hood causing vibrations in my brain and heart. I could feel these strong vibrations even after I have covered my ears with 2 big pillows. So I got up and here I am, writing this article. Wonder when yarl restaurant's boss would turn off his noisy kitchen hood tonight and when he would he would turn it on again next morning? It is already almost midnight but yarl restaurant is still making a lot of noise with its noisy kitchen hood and we cannot sleep because of this noise. This is the fate of yarl restaurant's noise pollution victims. We cannot sleep early because of yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise and we have to get up early once the kitchen hood is turned on very early in the morning. If the kitchen hood makes loud and deafening noise after between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., we can at least get out of our bedrooms and go elsewhere or turn on some kind of music/song to cover up the kitchenhood noise. But where are we to go during bedtime when yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood chases us out of our bedrooms? Since I cannot sleep in my bedroom anymore, I have to sleep everywhere such as in the bus, monorail, LRT, taxi, train and even in my office during lunch time to make up for the 8 hours sleep which yarl restaurant's boss doesn't allow me to have. This kind of life is very stressful as we have to live according to the whims and fancies of yarl restaurant's boss. How long are we to suffer like this? Can the public help us to stop yarl restaurant's noise pollution program so that we don't have to suffer like this anymore? If there is nothing to cook, then the kitchen hood doesn't have to make noise until midnight! We are dying from noise pollution because yarl restaurant's boss does not allow us to sleep. Since the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) cannot do anything about this, (we all know why they can't take action - it is because the kitchenhood has turned into the speaker when the DBKL people came to check on the restaurant) only the public can help us to stop yarl restaurant's noise pollution program. The selfishness and irresponsibility of yarl restaurant's boss is clearly manifested in the way he treats the people in this neighbourhood - i.e. by torturing them with continuous, loud and deafening noise more than 17 hours a day and subjecting them to sleep deprivation. We shouldn't encourage selfishness and irresponsibility in our society. We shouldn't allow anyone to triumph in their evil deeds! (Today, yarl restaurant's boss turned off his loud and deafening kitchen hood at 11.50 p.m., ten more minutes before midnight).

No comments:

Post a Comment