Labels

Thursday 14 November 2013

IS IT ALRIGHT FOR MALAYSIANS TO DIE FROM LACK OF SLEEP AS LONG AS THEY DON'T SMOKE?

 
Last night when yarl restaurant turned off its kitchen hood at 11.17 p.m., I was wondering when it would turn it on again the next morning. True enough, at 6.35 a.m. today, yarl restaurant turned on its noisy and deafening kitchen hood when there is pindrop silence everywhere in the neighbourhoood. Again, I failed to get my 8 hours sleep. I managed to sleep for about 7 hours only and my health is deteriorating because of yarl restaurant's loud and deafening kitchen hood noise that not only interferes with all my waking hours but intrudes into my sleep as well. My head is swinging now and I really feel dizzy. Another day of sleepiness and tiredness at work! This is my right as a Malaysian citizen.

Why am I writing so many articles about yarl restaurant's deafening and loud kitchen hood noise? Do you think I like to do so? If I were given a choice, I would choose to live in peace again like last time without yarl restaurant's kitchen hood noise. I want to sleep instead of spending my time writing about yarl restaurant but I can't. What else can you expect from someone who is sleepy and tired and couldn't sleep everyday because of the loud and deafening kitchen hood noise and nothing can be done by the Malaysian government to stop this kind of nuisance despite repeated complaints to the relevant authorities? Sometimes I do wonder what our PM means by "rakyat diutamakan" (people first). Based on my present situation now, does it mean that it is alright for Malaysians to die from lack of sleep as long as they don't smoke?

No comments:

Post a Comment